Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

A few questions.

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

A few questions.

Post by GoBologna120 »

I'm trying to make a map that looks like the first level in the old Donkey Kong arcade game. I would like to know a few things so I can properly make this map.

1.) How do I make an entity that spawns other entities, such as fireball enemies.
2.) How would I make the fireball enemies?
3.) The slope of the platform is really shallow, so barrel entities won't roll down. Help?
4.) I just realized there aren't any barrel entities in the SSP mode. :(
5.) How would I pull off a ladder in the SSP mode? Should I use the axis switch thing?

That's all the questions that I can remember right now.
Yay. ^_^
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: A few questions.

Post by Hirato »

1) at the moment there's only enemies and pickups (thoguh the pickups aren't enities n the release)
there's emitters and boxes in the... the todo list.. I'll get to them eventually
so if you'd want a fireball enemy, make a sphere in blender that has planes move in and out of it, and colour it as fire, and use newenemy (I think... check game_ssp.cfg)
then in game, type /newent enemy (and just select the appropriate number for attr1)

2) see above

3 & 4) there's barrels?

5) same as you would in the main module, by making extremely steep stairs (1 cube up, 8th cube in)
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Re: A few questions.

Post by GoBologna120 »

There's barrel entities in the main version of Sandbox. Appearently not in the SSP, though. :( Also, it seems that the way you do ladders, you'd have to jump up the ladder. However, this may not work as well for the gameplay, because if you try to climb the ladder but there's a barrel above, you might die. As another thought, the fireball enemies I want to make can move around. How would I achieve that? ( It would be much cooler if you could make particles into enemies, though. ;) )
Yay. ^_^