Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Three Newbie Questions

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Ajador
Name: JC

Three Newbie Questions

Post by Ajador »

Hello there,

AJ here, new member to the sandbox forums. Me and my team are very, very interested in this engine and even though we already have a license for another popular and commercial 3d game engine, we are hoping to produce something out of sandbox, too.

But before anything else, i'm really hoping that these questions be answered:

1. Is there a way to bypass the sandbox launcher? (example: double clicking the executable goes directly into the game?)
2. Apologies for being selfish, but if we produce something from this engine, is there a way to forbid the player to edit anything in-game? I think the typical sandbox menu shows an option to edit the game.
3. How customizable can the GUI / HUD / UI be? I have this initial impression that you can only change the default UI's colors, but cannot totally replace it with a new UI graphic.

Thanks, and good luck with your projects! :D
offtools
Name: offtools
IRC Username: offtools

Re: Three Newbie Questions

Post by offtools »

Hi Ajador,

1. every game mode has its own executable. they are located in the "bin" directory.
2. without code change you can do the following: remove/overwrite keybinds for editoggle [E] and saycommand [T] from the configs, remove edittoggle from the menus entries.
3. all gui elements in sandbox can be called by scripts and configured by scripts. adding commands for scripting huds are in progress. you can also change the graphics of the gui. as its done in the different gui themes.

e.g:

newgui mybutton [
guititle "Test Button"
guibutton click [echo hello gui] info
]

showgui mybutton

you can find a lot documentation in our wiki and at the sauerbraten pages:

http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... =Main_Page
http://sauerbraten.org/README.html

regards offtools.