Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Sample Video Of Bots In Action For The New Release

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Sample Video Of Bots In Action For The New Release

Post by Mike »

Here is a quick video I made of Clownfish's map which features the bots created thanks to Quin. This map is already in the development version of Sandbox and will be in the new release. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2PxzGqm2M

Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Re: Sample Video Of Bots In Action For The New Release

Post by GoBologna120 »

Wow. I'm gonna go see what this is all about. Better update my Dev version.

EDIT: It all works really well. Is it possible to give the bots a custom path, yet?
Yay. ^_^
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

You addbots by typing /addbot They only work in MP such as coop edit. To make the waypoints check out this from the Cube 2 documentation:
Cube 2 provides waypoints to aid bot navigation, and without these bots are not able to calculate safe paths from place to place on the map.

Waypoints are entities in a map that tell where it is safe for bots to move to. Each waypoint can link to other waypoints, telling a bot how to get from one waypoint to another. To set up waypoints, first either add a bot (which causes you to drop waypoints as a side-effect) or set the "dropwaypoints" variable to 1. Run around the level through all valid paths, making sure to run through teleporters and touch all items and playerstarts. Waypoints should be dropped at ground level in an even grid across the map, i.e. only jump where it is necesssary to jump. Avoid any movement tricks like weapon jumping that might confuse the AI.

Set the "showwaypoints" variable to 1 so you can see the waypoints you are dropping, and you will see blue lines representing the links between these waypoints. When you are done, use the "savewaypoints" command to save the waypoints for your map; they will be saved to a file named "yourmap.wpt" for a map named "yourmap" in the same directory as your map. It also helps to add some bots before you save and make sure there are no bots stuck at playerstarts without waypoints to guide them.

Note waypoints are not loaded until required, i.e. until a "loadwaypoints" or "addbot" command is issued.

showwaypoints 0/1

Toggles showing of waypoints, where 1 enables it, and 0 disables it. This is mostly useful when laying waypoints so as to see the possible paths and ensure good coverage.

dropwaypoints 0/1

Toggles dropping of waypoints, where 1 enables it, and 0 disables it. By default the player is dropping waypoints whilst playing against bots, this enables bots to "learn" from the player. Note that if enabled, waypoints will be saved automatically once the map is changed, and the variable will then be reset back to 0.

loadwaypoints [filename]

Loads the waypoints for the current map (or specified file).

savewaypoints [filename]

Saves the waypoints for the current map (or specified file), e.g. as "<mapname>.wpt".

clearwaypoints

Removes all waypoints.

delselwaypoints

In editing mode this will remove waypoints within the selection region.
Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Post by GoBologna120 »

Tryed it out. Apparently, the bots can't handle the platforming in my new Foreign Dimension map. They can't even make it halfway through. :lol:
Yay. ^_^
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

When you create the bots try addbot 101, which I think is the highest intelligence you can set them to. They are quite good at that level. Take care.
-mike

PS here is the cube 2 docs on that :D
Bots

Bots are supported in all multiplayer modes, so long as they have waypoints available to guide them. Bots range in skill from 0 to 100, with an extra skill level 101 making the bots as skilled as possible. You must either be master or playing locally to add or remove bots. At the end of a match, all bots are removed.

addbot [SKILL]

Adds a bot at skill level SKILL if provided, or defaults to a random skill level between 50 and 100 if not provided. You must be master or playing locally to use this command. Bots may only be added up to the server specified bot limit unless you are an admin or local player. This also causes waypoints to load if any are available for the current map.

delbot

Removes a bot. You must be master or playing locally to use this command.

botlimit N

Sets the bot limit for masters to N. This limit does not effect admins or local players. Only admins or local players can use this command.

botbalance B

Enables automatic team balancing for bots if B=1 and disables it if B=0. Only masters or local players can use this command.
slyver1988
Name: patrick

Post by slyver1988 »

is this bot thing alraidy out or we have to wait a little??
i dont have a hurry on it but i like to have it for my project lately ^^
---->folow my project at http://www.youtube.com/slyver1988 it will be great and i keep you up to date with all new adds<----
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

They are in our development version. Please check on our wiki under "obtaining development versions". Take care!
-mike
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

What control do you have over the bots? such as pause for a given ammount of time or turn left or right?
I saw this is Chef Ogro but it was soo easy to trap the monsters behide objects so you can kill them and the npcs would run randomly around the map and sometimes glitch in the walls i wonder how you can fix this?
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo