Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Music Packs

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
DarthMaak

Music Packs

Post by DarthMaak »

I'd really like to play music in my game. When I'm in the game, I look at where it says 'Jukebox' and select it. I look where it shows the other music tabs and when I put my mouse over it, It give me a message that says something like the following: "Install the music pack to use this menu." SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE!
"Vader: Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"
-Palpatine: Are you threating me master Jedi?
-Mace: The Senate will decide your fate.
-Palpatine: I *AM* the Senate!
-Mace: Not yet.
-Palpatine: It's treason, then. :twisted:
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Re: Music Packs

Post by GoBologna120 »

It's exactly as it says. You need to install the music pack before you can use it. Here's the section in the Wiki.
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... Musicpacks
Yay. ^_^
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

we only have the music that ships with the games :D

despite having this system for adding lots of additional tunes, we don't actually have any musicpacks, just a testing one somewhere on the SVN
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
DarthMaak

Post by DarthMaak »

GoBologna120 wrote:It's exactly as it says. You need to install the music pack before you can use it. Here's the section in the Wiki.
Okay, I've read it and tried it, but I keep getting a message that says: "Could not play music:". I am confused with many things, including the one with the rediculous "-k", "-r", and the "-q". I don't get it. If you do, can you please explain. Your help (or anyone else's) will be deeply appreciated. ;)
"Vader: Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"
DarthMaak

Post by DarthMaak »

DarthMaak wrote:
GoBologna120 wrote:It's exactly as it says. You need to install the music pack before you can use it. Here's the section in the Wiki.
Okay, I've read it and tried it, but I keep getting a message that says: "Could not play music:". I am confused with many things, including the one with the rediculous "-k", "-r", and the "-q". I don't get it. If you do, can you please explain. Your help (or anyone else's) will be deeply appreciated. ;)
Great News, Everyone! I solved the problom and I have music up and running! :D
johnno56
Name: John

Post by johnno56 »

Darth,

I too am having the same problem. Could you please provide step-by-step instructions on how you solved it? As a noob, when I read the statement, "I have solved the problem", I am happy for you, but it does not help the rest of us.

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Post by Dannyboi »

Would there be a way to play outside music? Suck as Monsters by Matchbook Romance? Or maybe Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce?

Thanks
-Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
johnno56
Name: John

Post by johnno56 »

Danny,

I would guess that there maybe a way. But I think your main problem would be copyright. Unless the creator of the music gives you permission to use there music, copyright laws may prevent you from doing so. Your best option would be to search for music that has been approved for use in private and commercial games.

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Post by Dannyboi »

2 things. DARN YOU COPYRIGHTS!! And 2, Thanks. BTW if any1 wants to do coop contact me on X-chat.

Thanks
-Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

johnno56 wrote:Danny,

I would guess that there maybe a way. But I think your main problem would be copyright. Unless the creator of the music gives you permission to use there music, copyright laws may prevent you from doing so. Your best option would be to search for music that has been approved for use in private and commercial games.

Regards

J
Or, you have to pay an outrageous licensing fee in order to obtain the rights to use that music in your game. The larger game developers do it all the time, but I'm guessing you are on a very, very tight development budget, no? :lol:
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/