Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Roofs

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Roofs

Post by Dannyboi »

I kinda need some help with roofs. All my roofs are flat but I wanted to know how to the roofs like in Village.

Thanks
Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
Dannyboi

Re: Roofs

Post by Dannyboi »

So im guessing no one knows how to make pointed roofs?

Thanks
Danny
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

From the FAQ:

How do I make sloped "roofs" like those in house?
Note, this refers to sloped geometry in general

A1: Hold the middle mouse button (or third), and selected the vertices (point were 2 or more edges meet) you wish to edit, and scroll up/down to deform the cube
A2: Select 1 or more cubes, and hold in Q. Scroll while hovering over a vertice to deform that specific vertice in the whole selection
A3: select 1 or more cubes, and hold F. Scroll the wheel to deform the whole face (collection of 3 or 4 vertices, note computers are limited to triangles and quadrilaterals, a circle for example is a series of triangles).

Take care :)
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Dannyboi

Post by Dannyboi »

Ha thanks mike.

Thanks
Danny
DarthMaak

Post by DarthMaak »

That's shouldn't be to difficult of a question to answer. Let me lay it out to you straight: All you have to do is go is go into the game (whichever you please), select the side you want to bend the corner of (the white selector color means that you've selected that side. Blue is not select the side, but the geometry), then, while holding q, (and hopefully your mouse has a wheel, because you'll need it...badly! I'M SERIOUS!) use your mouse wheel to scroll towards yourself to change the vertice (please note that you must point, with your mouse, which vertice you wish to change). It will start to go inwards if you scroll towards yourself, but if you scroll away from yourself, it will go back the regular shape.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions, regarding what I've just explained (or anything else), please ask. ;)
"Vader: Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"
-Palpatine: Are you threating me master Jedi?
-Mace: The Senate will decide your fate.
-Palpatine: I *AM* the Senate!
-Mace: Not yet.
-Palpatine: It's treason, then. :twisted:
yana1200
Name: Ethan

Post by yana1200 »

can you also make arches using that?
Mike wrote:From the FAQ:

How do I make sloped "roofs" like those in house?
Note, this refers to sloped geometry in general

A1: Hold the middle mouse button (or third), and selected the vertices (point were 2 or more edges meet) you wish to edit, and scroll up/down to deform the cube
A2: Select 1 or more cubes, and hold in Q. Scroll while hovering over a vertice to deform that specific vertice in the whole selection
A3: select 1 or more cubes, and hold F. Scroll the wheel to deform the whole face (collection of 3 or 4 vertices, note computers are limited to triangles and quadrilaterals, a circle for example is a series of triangles).

Take care :)
-mike
undo2
Name: beth
IRC Username: none yet

Post by undo2 »

Hi,

I'm new here but I just wanted to dangle an idea around about editing the game world, which seemed relevant to this topic. It's really too bad they can't design a way to use shapes to do this type of thing. like legos stuck together, there should be a way to design even something approximating an editing sphere with cubes.... you can do it with legos!

of course, the preferable way, for me anyhow, would be to paint it on the scene, like a canvas. :D the engine's smart enough to recognize a straight line. heck if they could interface a graphics engine with a paint program, game designing would be amazingly fun for artists. still not sure why they haven't. of course we know the paint program is 2d, but we also know we can paint all four faces of an object in a paint program, add textures, even bump map.

sigh, can dream anyway........
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Just use blendmap, especially in the SVN version :) Here is an example:
Hirato's village before:
http://www.moddb.com/games/platinum-art ... fore-after

Hirato's village after:
http://www.moddb.com/games/platinum-art ... ore-after1

:D In 2.3 it looks kind of rough, but you use P with one of those textures that has a small texture in the lower corner. It is much more refined in our new version coming out. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!