Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Kid Friendly

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
freeze10108
Name: Matt

Re: Kid Friendly

Post by freeze10108 »

Well, for age restriction, you could just use the birthdate and ask for additional verification if someone seems to be lying about their age. You could also state that they would be banned if it turns out that they were lying (temporarily first, then permanent).
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

Not only that, it would be a permanent restriction from ever getting into that usergroup.

For additional verification, what do you suppose would work?
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
freeze10108

Post by freeze10108 »

For aditional verification, I was thinking that maybe you could ask them to provide a copy of some type of document (driver's license, birth certificate, etc.) that would have their birthdate on it. Although, some people may not want to provide this type of information. Maybe birhdates should be set upon registration and unchangeable without an admin's permission. No method we can come up with is infallible though. I'll google it and see what comes up.

BTW, if we ever sort this out, I wouldn't be able to join until next month or next year depending on the age you set.
Obsidian
Former Staff

Post by Obsidian »

freeze10108 wrote:For aditional verification, I was thinking that maybe you could ask them to provide a copy of some type of document (driver's license, birth certificate, etc.) that would have their birthdate on it.
I will not even touch that with a ten foot pole due to the legal issues that may arise from that.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

freeze10108

Post by freeze10108 »

Obsidian wrote:I will not even touch that with a ten foot pole due to the legal issues that may arise from that.
While I completely understand your reason for not wanting to do that, I would like to inform you that those documents exist in the public records in the US (I'm not sure about other countries), and I believe that that is what software that verifies age searches.

Anyways, it may be necessary to just go off of the age they've submitted and go from there.
Obsidian
Former Staff

Post by Obsidian »

In which case, disclaimers would be necessary.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

Andrecito777
Name: Andrew

Post by Andrecito777 »

Sorry for barging in on a conversation but:
Think of it this way! If there is a kid here more likely the kid is being controlled by an adult, so therefore the adults would control what they see and do. Also if the kids do see "bad" stuff, what the heck?!?!?!? They will probably not understand any of the sexual "bad stuff" and nowadays 5-year olds are watching R movies! So I really think it wouldn't be bad if you guys make a forum for that. On top of all that, most kids aren't smart enough to go and change their age after being denied~

`````````````
Andrew Turner
`````````````
If you open a doorway to someone, they will think it is always open
Obsidian
Former Staff

Post by Obsidian »

Andrecito777 wrote:On top of all that, most kids aren't smart enough to go and change their age after being denied
Oh, yes they are.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

shaman6991
Name: harry

Post by shaman6991 »

if i were you guys i wold make a separate site but with different sections some requiring over 13 and some over 18 and different ratings" like an esrb you should have some sort of age verification that locks out users if they are under 18 and just redirects them back to the main site im not sure how exactly this would work but if yo guyus could figure something like that out then youd be good
sometimes i wonder... whats so secrfet about secret sauce
Obsidian
Former Staff

Post by Obsidian »

Why make an entirely separate site? Waste of time and effort -- can just make it hidden on this one.

Also, I don't think you understand. There is *no* way we can verify someone's age on here, unless we start requiring very personal information. Which I am not prepared to setup -- we do not have the systems for this where it would be done securely. At best we could check birthdate and see if it is allowable, but people could just lie.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!