Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I need some help!

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Andrecito777
Name: Andrew

I need some help!

Post by Andrecito777 »

I get this when I compile with codeblocks....

||=== sandbox, Debug Win32 ===|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1079|warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1080|warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1083|warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1090|warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1104|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1104|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1146|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1148|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1149|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1151|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1152|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1153|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1154|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\renderparticles.cpp|1155|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\water.cpp|1187|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\water.cpp|1187|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\water.cpp|1250|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
..\engine\water.cpp|1250|warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'|
c:\documents and settings\andrew turner\my documents\downloads\platinumartssandbox2.3\src\moviecube\movieclient.h|403|warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)|
c:\documents and settings\andrew turner\my documents\downloads\platinumartssandbox2.3\src\moviecube\movieclient.h|405|warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)|
c:\documents and settings\andrew turner\my documents\downloads\platinumartssandbox2.3\src\moviecube\movieclient.h|41|warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)|
c:\documents and settings\andrew turner\my documents\downloads\platinumartssandbox2.3\src\moviecube\moviecamera.h|82|warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)|
LINK||fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 29 warnings ===|

And I can not get it to work!!
If you open a doorway to someone, they will think it is always open
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I need some help!

Post by Mike »

First mistake is you are compiling in debug, not release. Second, you might want to remove moviecube from the project file. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

debug against release shouldn't make any difference
he does appear to be using msvc, so the project file is either highly outdated, or more likely as the output suggests, unable to compile due to msvc bugs
and since I don't use msvc, and never will; we support gcc (mingw for windows users)

I don't even know what a LNK1561 means

EDIT
it seems that LNK1561 means it can't find int main(), which means something is very screwed up, either with the msvc project or msvc itself. I'll see if I can poke mike to update it for the next release

in the meantime, can you install codeblocks, and mingw, and compile with the codeblocks project?
http://www.codeblocks.org <-- you'll want the one which is jsut codeblocks,
http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/ <-- you DON'T want the one with DWARF-2 bindings
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Andrecito777

Post by Andrecito777 »

I am downloading Sandbox again (it was taking up too much space (I am a programmer you know :D )) and also downloading TDM's GCC/MinGW32 Build. I will edit this in a bit! Just to make sure corect me if I am wrong, I download Codeblocks, And also the other thing (cant remember the name.... its in the last post last sentence..) then compile with codeblocks! :shock:
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Are you following these instructions?
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... ource_code

If you are using 2.3, then the sandbox.cbp file is in the mingw, not vcpp Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Andrecito777

Post by Andrecito777 »

YAYAYAYAY!!! I got it to work!!!! Thanks mike for your suggestion! Also thank you Hirato!