Music Packs

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Joe Staff
Name: Spanky
IRC Username: Joe_Staff

Re: Music Packs

Postby Joe Staff » June 29th, 2009, 6:53 am

I've been using XP with hardly any security issues, even when running a public server which had hundreds of visitors a day. I'm very smart when it comes to downloading and know when somethings "to good to be true" I've even pirated hundreds of songs without getting a single virus! IN YOUR FACE LIMEWIRE! I should be getting the machine today and the anticipation is killing me. The machine doesn't even come with an OS, and since it has 8GB of RAM, I have to kick it up a notch and use Windows 7 64-bit, which I assume is going to be foreign to me. I haven't had to deal with a new OS since Windows 98!
Check out this Android game I'm making :D
Planes!

johnno56
Name: John

Re: Music Packs

Postby johnno56 » June 29th, 2009, 8:00 am

Obsidian,

Never said that XP was secure, but I do agree it is somewhat unstable. Compared to most of the Windows OS, I prefered XP. For the last year I have been running with Ubuntu Linux. Easiest to install. Easy to use. And one of the main reasons I moved away from Windows, Not effected by trojans, virus or spyware. I still use anti-virus, because of the possibility of passing bugs to other pc's.

Joe,

I used to run an AMD64 pc at one stage, but stuck with a 32bit Operating System. I found that there were not many applications that would make full use of the 64bit CPU. Finding drivers for a 64bit OS was a bit tricky. However, that may have improved. As I use Linux, I have not had anything to do with Windows 7. But I have heard good reports. Which ever system you decide to go with, I think you find it to be far better than Windows 98.

Enjoy the experience.

Regards

JB

PS: Hmmm. I think we may be getting a bit off topic. I believe it was something to do with Music Packs, was it not?
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

Return to “Sandbox General Chat”