A fractal and a house

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dbohdan
Name: Danyil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A fractal and a house

Postby dbohdan » December 28th, 2009, 10:04 am

Well, here's my content submission for today: two maps I've made while learning Sandbox. The images I'm going to use are mostly the same ones you could see in .

First, Fractal.
Image Image
In case you didn't know it, a fractal is a shape which has parts shaped like itself (yeah). <bo-RING!>What we have here is a so-call iterated function system, meaning that the figure is created in steps, applying the same rule each step (which is called an an "iteration") an infinite number of times.</bo-RING!>. an animation showing how it's built.

Creating this map in Sandbox actually didn't take much work but that's because I've cheated. Instead of building it all iteration-by-iteration I went straight to making the smallest block I needed and then copied and pasted a lot going from the smallest to the largest.

Now for my second map, House, Too.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Somewhat of staple in computer game mapping, this is a Flat-Roofed House. It somewhat lacks in furniture but has a pool, a fireplace, wine in the storeroom, two storeys, a shield made into a bathroom light, some windows and a glass roof for the lighting effects. There's some pretty rough geometry outside, so beware!

You can download both maps here: .

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, the license for these is .

EDIT 2: Now the download has map preview pictures in it.

PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Re: A fractal and a house

Postby PizzaLover101 » December 28th, 2009, 1:39 pm

How long did it take you to make that!?
Last edited by Obsidian on December 28th, 2009, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please do not shout on the forums
Project 1: Da Chest Collector [TBD]
Project 2: Tis a secret [End of summer] announcement June 22 2011
Project 3: An even bigger secret!

http://pizzagametime.tk/
http://forums.pizzagametime.tk/

dbohdan
Name: Danyil

Postby dbohdan » December 28th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Beorn

Postby Beorn » January 22nd, 2010, 6:14 pm

The house is pretty good. Though I tend to like going with one solid theme in a house, and not having a ton of different colors.

Like this.

I admire your work, though! :)

Return to “Donate Content To Sandbox And The Community”