Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Hello, I'm kddekadenz

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Hello, I'm kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

I have already done some Modifications & Texturepacks for Minecraft,Minetest and Nehrim.
A long time ago, I decided to develop games. At the beginning I started with Game Maker, but it isn't cross-platform and the performance is relatively bad.
After trying various other programs I stumbled over PAS.

The performance is awesome, it's cross - platform and very easy to use.

I develop a RPG, with completely new textures, sounds and also some new models, together with my brother.
I will try to make new player/NPC - models and to add swords, axes, bows and other medieval weapons.

If anyone wants to help me with that, please contact me.
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Re: Hello, I'm kddekadenz

Post by Runescapedj »

Welcome to the forums, seems like you have some experience with PAS, you can post the progressions of your project here: viewforum.php?f=10 (Doesn't matter if it's work in progress or not).
I wish you good luck with your project, but don't expect too much help without showing anything, there are many projects going on, and if you don't show anything, the project'll just be 'one of the many'.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hi. I'm CP.

If you need any help, look around here and on the wiki. I'd also strongly recommend you look around the Cube 2 main site (http://sauerbraten.org/README.html)

If you're going to create custom textures and such, would you mind contributing them to Sandbox? (however, they would have to be cc-by-sa 3.0, I think)

What programs are you going to be using?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

- I have quite some experience with map editing, because it's similar to Cube 2, but I'm a scripting noob.
- I will open a thread in the suggested section, when about 50% of the work is done.
- I've already included custom textures (40 momentarily, including custom grass). I may release some of them in the future as CC0.
- I added three new models, too. All crates. Trees,weapons,NPC's,animals and miscellaneous stuff will follow.
- I will use GIMP, MakeHuman, (Sculptris), Blender and maybe other programms ,too.

Here is a screen showcasing the new models and some of the textures:

Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

That's some really good stuff you got there, I hope you decide to release them to the public.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!