Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I know, I have a lot of problems (:

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Mama's Boy
Name: Jacob DeBoer

I know, I have a lot of problems (:

Post by Mama's Boy »

My sandbox has just started acting up! First, it would slow down a lot when I was near water, so I turned off some water shaders. Then it stopped loading certain maps. I tried a lot of other things, but it wouldn't help at all, so I tried to reinstall the entire program. (I'm using a mac, and I don't think there's an official way to uninstall/reinstall.) When I reinstall everything again, I still have the same problems, only this time, I have only one playermodel, which is an un-animated rc. Is there something I can do to set everything back to normal. I'm really upset :evil: :( because I love using sandbox, and the map I've been working on for months is one of the ones that won't load. Thanks, I think this forum is awesome!
bobofoxy123
Name: stephen

Re: I know, I have a lot of problems (:

Post by bobofoxy123 »

lol seems u need a better amount of ram
Mama's Boy

Post by Mama's Boy »

I don't think so. Just recently, the water is back to normal and everything is fine! My fps is, and has always been 200. I just hope that 2.4 comes out soon. I don't know how I'll live without my normal sandbox ;)
Mama's Boy

Post by Mama's Boy »

For the most part, everything's back to normal. There are 3 problems.

1. Some maps that I have created or downloaded before aren't loading anymore. Instead, I get a blank map, and it says, "map requires a newer version of sandbox: <mapname and path>."

2. My camera is going through walls during gameplay mode.

3. I can't switch playermodels!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

If you are using the dev version of Sandbox you can't use them in 2.3 If you downloaded Ahab's train map and it isn't working, that only works in the Dev version. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!